A Career transition can be incredibly daunting and overwhelming and take way longer than it should if you don’t have the right strategy. So today, I’m going to share five tips with you to help you speed up this process.
Grab the Passion-to-Purpose Map here:
My Career Clarity clients and Ultimate Career boot campers have seen real progress and results from following the steps that I’m about to share with you today.
So let’s dive right in!
Spead up your career transitions with these steps:
- Get clear and specific on what it is that you want. You want to build what I call a non-negotiable list. This is a wish list of all the prerequisites that your job must have for you to be happy.
- Start doing your homework. Start to talk to people that are in the industry that you’re interested in and research some jobs that are in that industry. A lot of my clients will often tell me that, “Oh, but there are no jobs in that industry, or they’re not going to be paid enough, et cetera.” Without doing their homework. And then once they do, do the research, they find out that their assumptions were not correct at all. So, do your research.
- Avoid any and all negative Nancy’s. We all have those naysayers and people in our lives that tell us that something is impossible. Make sure that you limit your contact with these people while you’re going through this process. They’ll completely derail you, and then you’re not going to feel inspired to keep looking for that perfect job that will fill you up.
- Make sure that you break the process down into bite size little chunks. This can seem like a gigantic thing that you want to achieve, and yes, it is quite the process. But, it doesn’t have to be all that overwhelming if you break it down into manageable and actionable little steps. If you do happen to find yourself completely in over your head, just do two things that you know will bring you closer to getting that job that you want.
- Hire a coach. A coach will help you to get super specific and also help you to get out of your own way and overcome any of the fears and limiting beliefs that you have around this process.
And there you have it, five easy, simple strategies that you can implement right now to help you speed up the whole career transition process.
Now I’d like to hear from you, are you currently going through a career transition process? What are some of your deepest fears and obstacles in finding that perfect job for you? If you found this video helpful, remember to share it with your friends, and also join my newsletter so that these tips can be delivered straight to your inbox on a bi-weekly basis. Thank you for watching, and I’ll see you again next time.
This kit will help you pinpoint the perfect career and then also give you further steps to hunt and land that career.