It’s a new year and I hope that you’re just as excited as I am to finally bid the beast of a year that was 2020 adios and farewell.
As always though, we do learn some of our best lessons when the going gets tough — and so, in today’s episode of the Up Level Project Podcast, I’m sharing 20 lessons that my clients shared/experienced and ones that I learned as well. Click here to get the 20 lessons from 2020!
Let’s dive right in:
- You are not in control of everything.
- You are not your business.
- Getting stuck in the busy work vs. proactive role in your business leads to frustration and burnout.
- Healthy financials and cashflow are super important.
- Resiliency routines help leaders to gain clarity.
- You are your business’s most significant asset.
- When leaders have clarity, they inspire productivity and confidence
- Stop expecting last year’s path to success to give you the same results this year.
- When you learn how to work with your personality type and everything that makes you unique, you gain clarity, energy and get results faster.
- Regularly evaluating your Why behind your business.
- Business systems and back-office processes are vital to support business growth.
- Stop and ask yourself how you can simplify something more often.
- Showing up as the leader and drawing firm boundaries with your team empowers them (and will not always feel comfortable or easy.)
- Before you can lead others, you have to lead yourself.
- Feeling fear is normal.
- Don’t take things personally. Blaming yourself when your business isn’t performing the way you expected isn’t productive. It will only mess up your self-esteem. Which will further sabotage your ability to see the solutions that will get you to better results.
- Surround yourself with other business owners, people with whom you can safely share ideas, experiences, and challenges. This will help you get out of your head – feel less isolated, acknowledge, and celebrate your wins.
- Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of courage and commitment to achieve your highest potential.
- The more chaotic things get, the more critical it is to have open and honest communication lines with your team and clients.
- You will always underestimate your progress and accomplishments — take a minute to acknowledge yourself. Because you’re awesome
May these lessons help you as you set out to accomplish great things in 2021.
Would you like to Reignite your business on all levels in 2021?
Do you want to expand despite the world around you contracting?
Are you ready to step into your highest level of leadership even though you’re so freaking tired?
Is it time for you to innovate in the face of an uncertain future?
If the answer is yes, then you need to show up, think, and act differently every day.
But how does one do this?
It takes commitment, it takes awareness and it takes you implementing certain strategies every day.
And in the Up Level Project, I’ll share the step-by-step and tailored to your specific needs process with you.
Unlock your full potential and create the freedom and abundance you desire for yourself and others, with joy and ease. Enrollment and early bird opens in early January.