I had the pleasure of working with the remarkable designer Lisa McKenna on my book cover, and she is here today to talk to you about things to keep in mind when designing your cover with all the best tips!
- What is the first thing you should consider when designing your book cover?
- What is the biggest mistake you see people make with their book design?
- Leaving you with general business wisdom
Book Cover Designs and Process
Questions you’ll hear Lisa ask Hanneke:
- What sparked you to write your book, what did the world deserve to hear from you?
- What are your hobbies/interests that people would be surprised you like, and how do they weave into your work?
- Which film could you watch over and over again and why?
- Any foods you absolutely abhor?
- What are the stupidest questions people ask when they hear your lovely accent and that you are from S. Africa?
For over 25 years Lisa McKenna has been designing communications for a full spectrum of organizations.
By the time she was 21, she had left her mark in companies like Bain, CW56, and Esteé Lauder.
In her mid-20s she co-founded a design firm that garnered awards for her work with United Nations, Fleet Bank, and consumer brands like UGG.In 2006, she noticed a gap in the needs for mobile apps geared towards women and girls and founded GoGirl games.
A daughter of immigrants, her Irish entrepreneur dad taught her everything about business, a strong commitment to customers, and making sure their experience is warm and want to frequently return to his bar.
Never losing her passion for pivoting, she built Arrow North, a communications design firm. She is currently building a publishing company that unearths obscure books in the public domain she feels the world needs to read and carefully redesigns them.