Kristin Chambers founded D.A. Luxury Travel in 2007, a modern-day luxury travel consultancy catering to discerning vacationers. She is Boston’s go-to award-winning, trusted travel advisor for clients seeking honest world-class experiences. In 2016, Kristin founded TRAVELLUSTRE — a portfolio of carefully recruited, highly regarded Boston-based travel consultants.
With 18 years’ experience designing itineraries, Kristin has amassed extensive connections and global partnerships—including her “black book” of powerhouse insiders. Kristin and her team can provide truly unforgettable memories with this exceptional partners’ network, incorporating human connections and thoughtful and personally curated itineraries.
At the end of 2019, I had the honor of working with Kristin and her team. Kristin had made some provisional adjustments and planned to handle an economic downturn with the market rumors of a coming recession. In today’s episode, we’re going to take a more in-depth look at how those preparations helped her navigate the pandemic.
In this episode, you’ll hear answers the following questions:
- You’ve managed to build a successful multi-million dollar travel-agency, in an era where most travel agents were closing down. Yet, this tells me so much about you: you’re a savvy business person, with grit and tenacity, and an innovator. Now what do you think has been the superpower that helped you do what others deem to be impossible to do when you look back?
- When you approached me to work with your team at the end of 2019, I remember you telling me that you had already started taking precautions against a possible economic downturn — since then can you tell us a little about what those adjustments were?
- You belong to a travel-specific mastermind-like group, and you’ve invested in working with me. How has asking for support and surrounding yourself with other like-minded business thought-leaders helped you grow your business?
- As a result, when the pandemic hit the travel industry: which of these precautions were helpful?
- What other pivots did you make, and how did you gain clarity on how to adjust?
- The travel industry has been one of the hardest hits ones; how have you managed to keep yourself and your team motivated?
- What do you think the future of travel will look like? What is your biggest lesson of 2020? And what are you excited about in 2021 for both of your businesses?
Now I’d love to hear from you!
Please leave us a review on iTunes, Stitcher or wherever you enjoy listening to your podcasts 🙂
Is there something your family or culture has taught you that’s currently holding you back from moving forward in your business? I’d love to hear all about it, please tell by commenting below.