Today I’ll share something that very few people know: My biggest career regret and the secret that led to my career transition aha moment. If you’re not feeling so hot about your career right now, be sure to read right till the end so you can sign up for my #RichCareerChallenge and create your confident and rich career!
2 country transitions, 5 city transitions and 3 career industry transitions later, the one thing I regret more than not figuring out my ultimate career quicker is:
All the time I wasted not living my life
I literally spent countless days being miserable and not having fun. Instead of enjoying the journey as my career plans naturally unfolded, I took it all way too seriously and always felt like I was stuck. I felt that everyone else was living their dream and I was somehow missing out! (thank goodness we didn’t have social media back then, else I’d have some serious FOMO issues.)
You see I personally made the fatal mistake of letting my unhappiness in my career completely consume me. (Spoiler alert: a lot of us do this!)
I would complain about my job constantly. My long stressful office days sucked the life out of my soul and so I declined numerous invitations to go live and do exciting social activities at night or over weekends. These invitations could have given me joy and also freed up brain space and creativity to help me figure out my future career sooner.
I would even push the gym to the side! In my mind I HAD to figure out what I was going to do next and I had to do it right then and there. I put way to much pressure on myself and rush home from work just to hop on the computer to try and figure it all out. I thought I could push my new career out of myself and that Google would give me the answer to my future.
This was a massive mistake for two reasons:
- I was isolating myself: a sure way to make yourself even more unhappy.
- I was thinking that I could solve my career conundrum all by myself, locked up in my house.
I had literally put my happiness in that present moment on a big fat HOLD. How wrong I was!
I was doing exactly the opposite of what eventually helped me have my aha moment.
The very sad part to me is that I know I’m not alone. I see so many of my friends and my career transition clients do exactly the same thing.
Urgh… it literally makes me sick to my stomach! Look, I get it – this career transition business is important stuff but you don’t have to miss out on life or fun while you’re figuring out your next career move.
And that’s exactly how my career aha eventually happened!
You see in order for you to have your light bulb moment, you need to:
- get and keep yourself in a positive frame of mind
- start living your life now
- get out and be social
- do away with all the drama and negativity
And that’s exactly what I’ll help you do in my #RichCareerChallenge, starting Monday March 8th!
In this 10 day challenge I’ll show you:
- how to turn your office cubicle into an inspiring confidence boosting oasis
- the one thing you need to do daily to help you feel better about your mediocre job
- how to shift your focus to what is working in your life and how you can make it work even better
- set clear boundaries on how much time you spend thinking of work and your future career
- start living a full, happy and rich life now
- how to be more productive in your career search
The challenge starts Monday March 8th. Interested in joining this challenge?
What you’ll get when you sign up:
- A daily email containing a challenge of the day + inspiring quote
- When you follow me on Instagram @hannakeantonelli you’ll also receive daily motivation via my Instagram feed. You’ll also get a secret #hastag so you can cheer on and be part of my successful career transition movement and connect with other like-minded ladies.
- You’ll automatically be enrolled in my bi-weekly newsletter with more tips you need to make your successful career transition happen.
Who is this challenge for:
- anyone who’s currently unsatisfied with their job
- anyone planning a career transition
- anyone feeling stuck and pressured to make their next career move quickly
- anyone with doubts about their current career trajectory
- anyone in the process of applying for new jobs and feeling burned out/discouraged by the job market
And don’t worry you won’t have to think about your job or future one a second longer than you already do, in fact, you’ll think of it less and accomplish more!
Ready to start living now and be happy and confident again?